Adding team members, setting up new hires, assigning permissions, and promoting users are all easy with SC ACD's Agent Management tool.
Covered in this article:
- Account Types
- Creating a New Account
1. Account Types
There are 3 basic account types:
This is the most basic type of account. Agent accounts are set up to take calls on SC ACD by their assignments to particular programs and teams. They can be associated with certain Abilities and/or Skills which can also be weighted in order to ensure that calls are routed based on that criteria. Agents can also be granted permissions for the following:
- viewing, running and modifying dashboards in SC Analytics,
- viewing reports, test calls, etc. at the Program level
- viewing elemental call data at the Media Agency level
This type of account can do everything an Agent can do, with the addition of the following:
- create/manage user accounts
- reset passwords
- unlock accounts
- view programs and campaigns
- access the Supervisor module
This type of account can do everything that Agents and Supervisors can do, but they also have the ability to:
- access the Administrator module
- manage module access for groups
- access API feeds and integrations
Various levels of permissions can also be assigned to accounts, regardless of type. For more information on permissions, see the following articles:
Assigning Program Level Permissions to an Account
Assigning Media Agency Access Permissions to an Account
Assigning SC Analytics Reports Permissions to an Account
2. Creating a New Account
Step-by-step creation of a new SC ACD account.
- Click on Agent Management in the left-hand navigation bar
*Only users with Supervisor or Administrator-type accounts are able to access the Agent Management section.
The Agent Management page will load, defaulting to a display of all agents in alphabetical order.
- Click on Create a New Agent in the left-hand navigation bar OR the + New Agent button at the top of the grid
- On the New Agent page:
- Agent ID: numbers only, no maximum
If this field is left blank, SC ACD will auto-assign the ID as one number higher than the ID that was last assigned.
- First name: agent's given name
- Last name: surname*
*You will be prompted to enter information in the above 2 fields if they are left blank.
- Unique user name: Clicking in this text box causes a unique username to be auto-generated. It will be the text from the first and last name fields, separated by an underscore. This can be left as is, or amended as needed.
- Initial password: Automatically generated and can not be modified. This password should be supplied to the new user and they will be prompted to change it after their initial login.
- Click Continue to go to create the account and access the new agent dashboard
- Agent ID: numbers only, no maximum
*Once this step is complete, the account is created. You can then move on to the new agent dashboard and complete the setup. The following options can also be accessed at any time in the Agent Management section of SC ACD.
Agent Profile tab
- User Login: This is the unique username carried over from the previous step
Did you want to modify the username? If you didn't do it in the previous step, it can be done here at any time. All of the settings on these tabs are optional and can be modified or left as default.
- Manager: [defaults to N/A] Click the dropdown to select from a list of other SC ACD accounts.
- Supervisor: [defaults to N/A] Click the dropdown to select from a list of other SC ACD accounts.
- Suspended: [defaults to No] Changing this to Yes deactivates the login.*
*SC ACD accounts can not be deleted from the system for legacy purposes. To "remove" a user, simply set the account to Suspended.
- Unit: [defaults to N/A] Click the dropdown to select from a list of available options.
- Crew: [defaults to N/A] Click the dropdown to select from a list of available options.
- Position: [defaults to N/A] Click the dropdown to select from a list of available options.
- Date of Hire: Enter a date in mm/dd/yyyy format, or click in the text field to bring up a calendar
- Payroll ID: text field accepts letters/numbers/special characters
- Released from Trainship: Enter a date in mm/dd/yyyy format, or click in the text field to bring up a calendar
- Date of Departure: Enter a date in mm/dd/yyyy format, or click in the text field to bring up a calendar
- SIP over SSL: [defaults to Yes] (Session Initiation Protocol over Secure Sockets Layer) Leave this set to Yes unless instructed by a SingleComm developer for testing purposes.
Changing this setting to No may result in failed calls and errors with Live Reporting.
- Agent Type: [defaults to Inbound and Outbound] can also be set to Inbound (only) and Outbound (only)
- Home Access: [defaults to No] for the reporting and tracking of home certifications
- Comment: any other agent-related information you would like to include in the profile
Personal Profile tab
- Name: [defaults to the first and last name entered at account creation]
- Click the dropdown to add a prefix
- Modify the first and/or last names in the text boxes
*This will NOT modify the User Login
- Click the dropdown to add a prefix
- Phone Number
- E-mail Address
- New Location Assignment: Click the dropdown to select from a list of available locations
- New Department Assignment: Click the dropdown to select from a list of available departments
Once a department is selected, the dropdown changes to Add New Department
A new department name can also be added by typing in the text box.
- All available teams will be listed here, all defaulted OFF. Click in the Enabled column to activate a team for the user.
- New assignment: Click the dropdown to select from a list of available agent abilities, then assign a Weight (optional)
*Weight is an assigned number (usually 0-99, although the field accepts a max of 999.99) that ranks the agent when Skill Based Routing is used.
- Organization: Click the dropdown to select from a list of available organizations. You can also click Add New Organization from the dropdown and a text box will appear for the addition of a new organization.
- Supervisor Role: [defaults to No] As mentioned above in Account Types, an Agent can be promoted to a Supervisor at any time using this setting.
- Administrator Role: [defaults to No] As mentioned above in Account Types, an Agent or a Supervisor can be promoted to an Administrator at any time using this setting.
- Group Name: [defaults to Agents with a Weight of 100] You can also click the New Group Assignment dropdown to select from a list of available groups. Weight can be added to any new group after it is selected.
Change Password tab
- New Password: change password for the user by typing a new password in the text box
Only passwords that adhere to security guidelines will be accepted.
- Reset PCI Lockout: [disabled by default] PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards require that accounts be locked out after six failed attempts.
If an Agent is reporting that they are locked out of their account, check this box to allow them back into their account.
If a forgotten password is the reason they are locked out, that can also be reset on this tab.
- Reset 2FA Device: [disabled by default] Click the checkbox to reset the 2 Factor Authentication device. For example, if the user has set up their cell phone as the multi-factor authentication device and it needs to be changed or it is locked out, enable this checkbox and have them try again.
Reports Access tab
- Looker Client ID
- Looker Client Secret
Looker Client ID and Secret for access to the SC Analytics embed are currently being created by SingleComm. Your ID and Secret can be retrieved by entering a Help Desk ticket or requesting from your Account Executive.
- Revoke Access:[disabled by default] Check this box to remove any previous SC Analytics reports access
*This setting only affects access on the SC Analytics embed of SC ACD. If the user has a login to the SC Analytics platform, it will remain viable.
Always remember to click Update to save any modifications to the user account.
For more information on adding Program Level account permissions, click here.
For more information on adding Media Agency access permissions, click here.
For more information on adding SC Analytics reports permissions, click here.