The content in this article is appropriate for: Supervisors and Administrators
This article assumes that a TAS account has already been created.
Before dispatching rule sets can be created within TAS, contact methods must be established.
Log in to the SC ACD
The easiest way is to type [yourcompanyname].singlecomm.com into a browser, then log in with your email address/password.
Expand the TAS module options by clicking on TAS in the left-hand navigation bar
Access your current TAS accounts by clicking Manage Existing Accounts
Why can’t I create my contact methods in the All Contacts module?
Do not get these locations confused. Although the terminology is similar, contact methods are best created from within a known existing/active account.
Select the account you would like to create the set for by clicking on the account name, then click on the Directory tab at the top
Then click the New Directory Entry button.
By default, the Name of the New Directory Entry will match the name of the account. You should always highlight the default text, then rename the entry for the contact person.
💡This field will accept any free text. You can use [firstname lastname], [lastname, firstname], [firstname only] or any other scalable name formatting that makes sense for your account.
- Click Continue to save and close the New Directory Entry
On the New Contact Method page:
- Select a Channel
- Any other custom channels that have been created for your TAS module
- Type in the Destination
- For Email, the destination is any valid email address
- For Text, Call, Fax, the destination is any valid 10-digit phone number, typed as a single string with no spaces, dashes, or parentheses.
⚠️The Destination field does not have any validation methods built in, so if there is an error in the input of this data (missing characters, too few digits), the contact method will not work. Be sure to double check before moving on.
- Click Continue to save and close the New Contact Method.
- Select a Channel
🤔 What if a Contact can be reached by multiple methods?
If you'd like to add an additional method to any contact, you would simply access the Contact Method and click the New Contact Method Entry button:
Follow the above steps to add one or more additional channels:
^example of a Contact with multiple Contact Methods (channels).
9. Next, click the Detail button
10. On the Details tab:
- Contact Method Id: This consecutive number will be auto assigned and is based on the order in which the contact methods were created
- Directory: This will default to the directory entry Name that was created earlier.
- Role: May be left blank, or used to assign additional information. Primary contact methods should be labeled Main.
- Channel: This will default to the communication method chosen earlier, but can be modified here.
- Destination: This will default to the phone/ fax/ SMS number/email address that was input earlier, but can be modified here.
- Coverage Backup: Defaults to [Target is Active] which mens the contact method is able to be used. If this destination becomes temporarily unavailable, coverage can be provided here. Once configured, this dropdown will display a list of all other contact methods.
Example dropdown that shows other contacts
- Unavailable Start: Click in the New Date box to select a coverage start date from the pop-up calendar, and click in the second text box to assigned a specific start time by typing numbers only (optional, uses a 24-hour clock format)
- Unavailable Stop: repeat the above steps to set the coverage stop date/time
- Coverage Status: will show as Active unless coverage backup is assigned
When Coverage Backup is assigned, the status is set to Unavailable and the selected backup contact method is displayed.
- Test: allows for a test to the destination to be made from this location
Once the contact method is configured, the channel and destination are displayed on the button.
You have created an individual contact method!