The content in this article is appropriate for: Administrators (primarily) and Supervisors
This article assumes that the Guided Interaction and WorkFlow have already been created, and that an existing integration has been connected and configured.
If your WorkFlow connects to a transfer integration, it is necessary to also add a dynamic destination so that the agent will be able to transfer the call based off of data from the Guided Interaction.
This article covers:
Log in to the SC ACD
👍 The easiest way is to type [yourcompanyname].singlecomm.com into a browser, then log in with your email address/password.
Create the Destination
Expand the Administrator module options in the left-hand navigation bar, then click on Manage Destinations
- Search for a destination called Dynamic Patching. If that already exists, skip to the next section. If not, click New Destination
- On the Destination Details tab:
- Name: click in the textbox, delete the placeholder and type Dynamic Patching
- Description: [optional]
- Affiliate: [not required] click the dropdown to select an affiliate (if applicable)
- Gateway: [required for the ACD to connect to the telephony carrier] click the dropdown to select a configured gateway for the OB leg of the call.
- Caller ID: [optional] assigns the Caller ID for the patched call
- Extension: select User Configurable (Agent/IVR)
- Presence Signalling: [not required]
- Timeout: set a timeout limit for the transfer (in seconds)
- Suspended: No. You may return to this tab at any time to take this destination out of service by changing this option to Yes.
⚠️ Destinations can not be deleted, they can only be set to Suspended.
- Click Update to save and close the destination
Configure the Patch/Transfer
- Click to access the Programs/Clients module in the left-hand navigation bar
- Navigate to the program containing the campaign you would like to use by typing the name or number in the Search field, then click the Name of the program to access it
- Click Campaigns
💡You can also jump right to campaigns from the Programs list
- Click the Campaign Name of the campaign to which you are adding the transfer, and click the Transfers tab at the top
- Scroll down until you see the Destination Transfer Options, and click the New Option button
- Click the Destination dropdown and select the Dynamic Patching destination that was created earlier
- In the next column, click the dropdown to select the transfer type:
- Normal: caller always remains on the open line as agent connects to the destination
- Quiet: caller gets places on hold while agent connects to the destination, then brings the caller into the conference
- In the next column, click the dropdown to select a HUP (hangup) behavior:
- Continue Call: call continues when destination end of the call hangs up
- End All Call Legs: call ends for all parties when destination end of the call hangs up
- Finally, create a Label for the button that will appear on the left-hand navigation of the agent panel during the call.
Note: Agents will NOT click this button. They will only use the transfer button in the WorkFlow when executing dynamic transfers via Guided Interaction data.
- Click Update to save and close the campaign
🎉 Your dynamic destination has been created and is ready to use!