To ensure the agent has the best experience possible SingleComm requires agent workstations are certified before they are used with our system.
This process will check that the workstation and Internet connection meet or exceed our minimal requirements to work with our system.
This certification procedure must be run:
- before a new workstation is put into production
- after any hardware or software change
- any change in Internet connection service provider or speed upgrade/downgrade
- Personal firewall changes to the computer
- as part of your first step in diagnosing a call quality or stability issue.
- each day before taking calls to ensure nothing in the network has changed
Follow these steps to certify a workstation:
- Log in to the SingleComm ACD as an agent or supervisor.
- Visit https://COMPANY.singlecomm.com/agent/diagnostics.sc in the browser
- Allow the test to run fully and enable the microphone if you are asked to do so.
- Verify the results. All tests should be green.
If any test fails make sure your computer configuration meets or exceeds the minimal requirements for the SingleComm ACD system.
- Wired connections are superior to wireless. Wireless introduces addition latency, noise and bandwidth problems and should be avoided.
- Certification of the workstation should be run each day before taking calls to ensure nothing in the network has changed.
- Check your connection quality with a tool such as these:
- Freeola Broadband Line Quality Test - Packet loss, latency, jitter.
- Pingtest.net - ping, jitter, & packet loss.
- Speedtest - Speed up/down, ping.
- At-Home Agents only: Upgrading your router can often improve your connection if you are having problems. There are many affordable options.
- At-Home Agents only: Ensure other devices are not on your network during the time of taking calls -- this includes cell phones, game systems, other computers, etc.
(Note that a typical home connection does not have QOS (Quality Of Service) enabled to give priority to voice traffic.)
When reporting a call quality issue please be sure to makes these checks and run this test first on the workstation.
If the NAT Traversal test fails because IPv6 is in use or other IPv6 related problems occur please refer to the following articles.
Examples of certification failures:
Please sign in to leave a comment.