Chrome 52 and above is not compatible with the ACD (Automatic Call Distributor) and causes the call to be around 8 seconds and goes into what is described as early wrap up.
Calls only last around 8 seconds or go into early wrap up. On the Call log side this is seen as "DESTINATION_OUT_OF_ORDER."
Downgrade to Chrome 51 and stop automatic upgrades.
- Uninstall Chrome 52.
- Possible sources to download an earlier version of Chrome browser. (Chrome 51 is preferable)
(Note: Singlecomm cannot be responsible for providing stable download sources since they are constantly shifting. However, we have attempted to provide some samples here.)
- Chrome64_51.0.2704.84 (64 bit Windows version 51)
- Google Chrome downloads
- Google Chrome 46.0.2490.80 (Download starts automatically. Archive password: oldversion )
- Install the Chrome version that you just downloaded.
Disable automatic upgrades
Unfortunately disabling Chrome's automatic updates is not a simple procedure and it is recommended that you contact your internal tech support team.
Possible resources and information for tech support teams:
Google 'official' methods:
(Uses Group Policy Objects with Google provided ADM templates)
Disable Chrome Update scheduled tasks.
(This has the disadvantage of disabling updates for any google products, not just Chrome)
"Start" > "Run" > "Task Scheduler"
Select "Task Scheduler Library"
Select "GoogleUpdateTaskMachineCore", right click and select "Disable"
Select "GoogleUpdateTaskMachineUA", right click and select "Disable"
- How to Completely Disable Google Chrome Update
- How to Fix (and Adjust) Automatic Updating in Google Chrome