Dashboards no longer have to be tied to existing content, but instead can be made of tiles which can be built directly on the dashboard. If a Look exists only to populate a Dashboard you can replace it with a Tile that lives on the Dashboard rather than in Spaces, simplifying your content system.
*This article assumes that the user has previous experience creating Looks. For a review, please click here.
From your personal or shared space:
- Click New in the top right
- Click Dashboard
On the Create Dashboard pop-up:
- Type a Name for your dashboard
- Click Create Dashboard
On the blank dashboard:
- New Tile: click to create a new tile from an explore
- Looks: click to add a saved Look from the space where this dashboard is being created
- Text: click to add a tile that contains only text
- Filters: click to apply filters to the dashboard
- Settings: click to launch the Edit Dashboard pop-up
Once the dashboard is configured, click Done Editing to save.
*Lookless dashboards can also sent once, scheduled, downloaded, deleted, etc. by click on the Settings gear in the top right.
To edit individual tiles on the dashboard once it has been saved:
- Click Edit in the top right
- Hover your mouse inside the tile you wish to modify
Click the pop-up items in the tile to:
- Move the tile to a new location on the dashboard
- Hide the tile from the dashboard
- View/edit the query as an Explore*
*Viewing it as an explore in this manner will remove you from the dashboard.
- View/edit the query as an Explore. From here you can cancel or save changes and be returned to the dashboard.
- Add/edit a note (text) to the bottom of the tile
- Edit applied filters*
*You cannot add new filters here, only in the explore view
- Access the Settings menu for the following options:
Make sure to click Done Editing once all desired modifications have been made.
Please sign in to leave a comment.