Constant Fields are used to pass unchanging data through a script and into reports without being visible to agents during the call.
Constant Fields are not created on a traditional script slide. From the script graph:
- Click Constant Fields on the left
- The "slide" looks similar to a script slide, but contains fewer options:
- The most common use case for a Constant Field is Text input.
- As with any other slide, the fields are added by clicking the field type on the left, then configuring the Field Settings.
- Label the field appropriately for reporting purposes.
- The only Standard Field commonly used here is TestMode, since that is an unchanging value.
- Set the Value for the Constant Field, remembering that this exact value will be displayed in your reports and can not be changed or modified in any way by the agent during the course of a call.
3. How it Works
As mentioned, the values that are "hard-coded" into the Constant Fields are loaded and recorded every time the script is used on a call. The data they contain is never visible to the agent, and the fields can be used for reporting in CX Explore.
Constant Field values are carried into the commflow session data and can also be viewed in CX Create:
^^^Constant Field Values will never vary.
Constant Fields are also viewable from the Documentation tab of the script. Because values are set in place when the script is built, it is no necessary for the script to be popped externally in order for the data to populate:
*Note that Field Labels are not shown here.