The content in this article is appropriate for: Administrators and Supervisors
Constant Fields are used to pass unchanging data through a Guided Interaction and into reports without being visible to agents during the call.
It is assumed that a Guided Interaction has already been created and user is logged in to SC WorkFlow.
Location of the Constant Fields in the Guided Interaction
Constant Fields are not created on a traditional slide. From the Guided Interaction graph:
- Click Constant Fields on the left
- The "slide" looks similar to a Guided Interaction slide, but contains fewer options:
Configuring Constant Fields
- The most common use case for a Constant Field is Text input.
- As with any other slide, the fields are added by clicking the field type on the left, then configuring the Field Settings.
- Label the field appropriately for reporting purposes.
- The only Standard Field commonly used in Constant Fields is TestMode, since that is an unchanging value.
- Select Multi-Line if you wish to use that option
- Create a Placeholder (optional)*
💡Remember- Agents will never see these fields so they do not need to be configured as if they are part of the spoken interaction.
- Set the Value for the Constant Field, remembering that this exact value will be displayed in your reports and can not be changed or modified in any way by the agent during the course of a call.
- Configure any Mirroring conditions
How Constant Fields Work Within a Guided Interaction
As mentioned, the values that are "hard-coded" into the Constant Fields are loaded and recorded by the ACD every time the Guided Interaction is used on a call. The data they contain is never visible to the agent, and the fields can be used for reporting in SC Analytics.
Constant Field values are carried into the WorkFlow session data and can also be viewed in SC WorkFlow:
^^^Constant Field Values will never vary.
💡 Constant Fields are also viewable from the Documentation tab of the Guided Interaction. Because values are set in place when the Guided Interaction is built, it is not necessary for the Guided Interaction to be popped externally in order for the data to populate:
*Note that Field Labels are not shown here.