Guided Interactions (formerly known as scripts) in the SC WorkFlow platform (a.k.a. the scripter) support multiple options for adding sales tax to items in the cart. This is configured within the Plan Settings of each individual SKU.
*Currently, tax amounts are only supported for the United States and Canada.
1. Hard-Coded Tax Amounts
For easy calculation, there are sales tax amounts built in to SC WorkFlow if you choose to use them.
This article assumes that all of the previous guided interaction building steps have been completed. For more information on creating a Selling Guided Interaction, click here.
From the Cart Field settings:
70 total- all are defaulted on. This scrollable dropdown is a list of all 10 Canadian provinces, all 3 Canadian territories, plus all 50 U.S. states, Washington D.C., all U.S. territories including Puerto Rico, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
When a SKU is set as taxable, SC WorkFlow will perform an internal sales tax lookup based on the jurisdiction, and assign the sales tax amount in the cart.
In this dropdown, you can also Check All, Uncheck All, and Search by typing in the text box.
⚠️Tax jurisdictions are not selectable when the Disable system tax lookup feature is enabled.
To view the tax options from the SKU/Plan settings, double click the SKU in the Cart, then scroll down to Plan Settings
- No [default]- no additional costs are applied to the SKU's total
- Tax (price)- The current hard-coded sales tax rate (based on the shipping address zip code) is multiplied by the item cost and added to the cart total.
- Tax (price, s & h)- The current hard-coded sales tax rate based on the shipping address zip code is multiplied by the item cost PLUS the cost of shipping and handling and added to the cart
For Multi-Pay SKUs:
- In the Plan Settings (pictured above), click the Select a plan to edit dropdown
- Click the multi-pay plan you wish to configure
*If the selected SKU has an associated 1-Pay plan and Taxable options have already been configured, those options will carry over to the multi-pay plans as well.
All other settings on the multi-pay plan pages still need to be configured!
- Once all plans have been configured for the SKU, click Update to save and close the SKU settings
2. Third Party Tax Integrations
SC WorkFlow also supports the use of third party integrations* for tax lookup.
*For more information on integrations in general, click here or speak to your Account Executive.
Before connecting any tax lookup integration:
- Disable system tax lookup must be selected in the Cart Field Settings
Once system tax lookup is disabled [checked], and the integration is triggered, the tax amount will appear in the cart. If system tax lookup is enabled [unchecked], the third party tax amount would replace the SC WorkFlow-assigned amount from the automatic lookup when the integration is triggered.
Depending on the tax integration used, this can be triggered by the Cart, or by a button in the guided interaction.